Wilson Wraight 2020 Round Up
As Wilson Wraight celebrated 30 years in what has been a turbulent year, we reflect on the past 12 months where our team has successfully continued to support clients whilst working from home, embracing technology and virtual communications.
2020 saw us say a sad goodbye to Rachel Croker, who is embarking in a new career in accountancy, as well as Marianne Willemsen, our 2019/20 Harper Adams placement student. However, we were pleased to welcome 7 new team members throughout the year:
- In January we were delighted to appoint Rebecca Lewis as Wilson Wraight’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) whilst Charlie Lockhart was appointed as agricultural consultant, bringing with him a wealth of practical experience.
- With 22 years’ experience working for a large multinational food processor, we welcomed Guy Bicknell to the consultancy team in May.
- As we wished Marianne good luck with her final year of studies at Harper Adams, we welcome Kate Hall, our 2020/21 placement student to the team.
- We also welcomed back Lucy Wade our 2018/19 placement student into a full-time consultant role.
- At the end of November, we welcomed Ross McGowan to the team as an agricultural consultant. After graduating from the University of Reading in 2019, Ross comes with practical and diversification experience.
- November also saw the launch of our Planning Consultancy service and we appointed Daniel Hewett to head up this side of the business. Dan has considerable experience working in planning and development roles, is a Chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
We added another strand to our bow through the launch of our planning services. Despite this being a new consultancy offering, our values remain the same.
Our planning services cover all aspects of the planning system – from the strategic promotion of sites, through to the project management of small- and large-scale development schemes via planning applications or appeals.
To read more about our new services, click here: https://www.wilsonwraightplanning.co.uk/
We have had a busy 12 months supporting clients, growing our team, and extending our services, but whilst we have been battling through this year, we have some lovely news to share.
A big congratulations to our consultants, Rachel Bush and Sam Pimblett for tying the knot in exceptional circumstances!
Whilst supporting clients and balancing the transition of working from home, Rachel successfully managed to reschedule her wedding date between lockdowns to marry husband Will. Sam also had his initial wedding date delayed, but we are pleased to say Sam eventually got to marry wife Kayleigh.
On behalf of all the team, we wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
As we head into 2021, we feel well placed for the challenges ahead and will continue to assist clients through the changes which will undoubtedly be required as the transitional period commences, new systems are introduced, and the impacts of BREXIT are felt.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!