BPS Action Points
BPS, current and future
As payments arrive this week:
- CHECK for claim progress on Rural Payments.
- Log onto the RPA online > click ‘view business’ > click ‘basic payment scheme applications’ > click ‘apply for BPS’. The status will say Claim Validation or Preparing for Payment. If the former, then the RPA are still working on your claim.
- CHECK the expected amount is received – approximately £229 per hectare claimed on farms under 820 hectares (5% capping applies above this size)
- If you would like us to confirm the exact amount, please give us a call. All we need is the hectares claimed (Part C BPS Form) and the entitlements held
- WAIT for Entitlement and Claim statements to arrive in the post
- QUERY incorrect payments with a Payment Query Form
Off the back of a tricky autumn:
- CHECK greening measures are in place. Weather may have impacted the rotation, but the 2/3 crop rule still applies unless you meet one of the exemptions, or in exceptional cases a Force Majeure claim may be considered.
- CHECK proactive land change detection (RPA mapping changes between December and February) ahead of the busier spring period. Improvements to the Rural Payments mapping software should make this easier.