Founded in April 1990 by Jim Wilson and Roger Wraight, the business has continued to develop into one of the UK’s leading agricultural management consultancy firms, currently providing professional advice covering a land area in excess of 100,000 hectares. “Our specialist team have amassed a vast range of experience and knowledge across the industry, ensuring that we continue to provide highly valued and independent advice. On behalf of Jim and the Partnership, I would like to thank our team and our clients, for their continued support over the past 30 years”, commented Senior Partner, Roger Wraight.
During the past 30 years, Wilson Wraight and the wider agricultural industry have witnessed many challenges and opportunities.
- Support being decoupled from production in 1992 with the introduction of area-based payments and compulsory set-aside, followed by the Single Payments scheme in 2005 and Basic Payment Scheme in 2015.
- Land prices increasing from circa £2200 per acre in the early 1990’s to the current levels exceeding £8,000 per acre.
- The Bank of England Base Rate reducing from 14.88% in 1990 to the unprecedented level of 0.10% in 2020.
- The Agricultural Tenancy Act 1995 resulting in the introduction of the more flexible but market place driven Farm Business Tenancy structures.
- Government climate change targets resulting in many ‘on-farm’ Renewable Energy diversification projects.
We are now entering a new era with the implications arising from the Agricultural Bill and a period of inevitable unprecedented change resulting from the current COVID-19 pandemic. The team at Wilson Wraight remain focused on providing high quality bespoke advice to our farm, estate and rural business clients, for the next 30 years and beyond.